sábado, 2 de marzo de 2013

Get rid off the "waiting for network configuration" in Ubuntu

Hi, since I've installed Ubuntu 12.04 - like four months ago- if I didn't plug the network cable to my eth0 I had to waiting up to 2 minutes to get the X on; so Today I just decided to get rid off that time waiting, and the answer is very easy, here are the steps:

1. check if in the interfaces file yo get and "auto -device-" like this:
 cat /etc/network/interfaces

2. try to looking at something like this: "auto eth0", like in my case.

3. If you get it, the go to:
    nano /etc/network/interfaces

4. comment that line with #, then save the file

5. restart and you will see the line "waiting for...." is not anymore.

one more byte; I always have problems with network applet, I've never get int he main bar, so I had used wicd, but since I comment the same line -auto eth0- I've got it in the bar and wicd is not necessary anymore.

so, that's it

cheers

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario