jueves, 16 de mayo de 2013

five principles of strategic information

Hey this is an interesting post, I'm reading a book called "Data Warehousing Fundamentals for IT Professionals 2nd Ed" from Paulraj Ponniah, I'm in the first part but I have found great topics, and I want to share one of them, the five principles of strategic information are:

-Integrated: must have a single, enterprise-wide view.
-Data integrity: information must be accurate and most conform to business rules.
-Accessible: easily accessible with intuitive access paths, and responsive analysis.
-Credible: every business factor must have one and only one value.
-Timely: information must be available within the stipulated time frame.

I know a couple of companies that should follow those characteristics, specially in the management of the information, but anyway.  Mr. Ponniah gave a hit write those characteristics, he's absolutely right, I'm exciting reading this book, it was a good decission.

Cheers

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario