lunes, 15 de septiembre de 2014

enabling debug mode on your android phone

This is a really cool trick, I am developing an android app, the deadline is this next friday -hope can make it!- and tonight I start with the first checklist of test, so I got a bug but I could not see it from LogCat, that is really weird so I thought it was an isolated thing, I decided to try it again and still the same, but this time I read something on the LogCat window:

"Unable to open to open log device '/dev/log/main' no such file or directory"

So I discovered this bug occurs when the Android device turn this off. Googling about this would be some kind of complicated because there are many approaches, so I will show how I fix it, but remember, it is not sure it may work on your Android device:

0. My device is not rooted, it is a Huawei brand
1. dial this number on it:
*#*#2846579#*#*
 2. inmediately it will show a menu with 2 options: MMITest_II and ProjectMenu
3. Choose ProjectMenu
4. then Background Settings
5. Log Settings
6. in Log Switch choose "LOG on"
7. in Log level Setting choose "VERBOSE"
8. reboot your device
 
that's it, next time when you run your android app you will get all error messages from your device on the LogCat Window.
 
really cool ah!
 
Best


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario