viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015

install glassfish support on Eclipse Luna

This is an important info, specially if you are going to develop application with database support. So, to enable glassfish support on Eclipse Luna just follow these steps:

1. From Luna's main menu bar, go to help>Install New Software
2. Click on Add Button
3. on Name type a specific name in my case I chose Glassfish Tools for Eclipse, on the Lotaction type: http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/12.1.3.5/luna repository, and click on OK
4.  now with a few seconds to download the definitions from the repo. Once it have done, click on "Glassfish Tools", you may browse the entire list in case you are interested on any of them.
5. Then click on Next Button, accept the license agreement and wait until it finishes

doing this process, another repo will be configure on Eclipse ( http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/12.1.3.5/luna/repository/dependencies), don't be aware about it.

One thing more, I tried to do this behind a proxy and it was impossible - at least for me- I talked with the sys admin and told me it was not any rule against the eclipse repo, by the end of that day I tried at home and the process was really quick, take it in count.

and that's all, now you can create an instance of Glassfish for call it from Eclipse Luna.

Bye

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario