sábado, 12 de diciembre de 2015

avoiding "can't load menu.c32" error on booting from a pendrive

I needed to install Lubuntu on an old HP mini 110 laptop, normally I have a pendrive with  multiple Linux distro, I use multisystem to accomplish this; so, I tried to boot from my pendrive but I always got the error "can't load menu.c32 from..." I copied it on several location on the pendrive but it did not work, at last I got the error "can't load image file", so I decided to drop multisystem and try to install lubuntu on it using unetbootin.

Then I tried to boot from it and I always got the same error, so, to solve this I followed these steps:

1. from a terminal on another computer with Linux, go to /usr/lib/syslinux/modules/bios

2. copy the file vesamenu.c32 to the pendrive, just copy it outside any directory, it would be enough.

3. then try to boot from it and you'll see the Grub Menu to try Lubuntu or any other linux distro you need to install.

This little trick is useful when the videocard of the computer is not so fancy, to load you just need to load the VESA module and everything will work.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario