miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

BlackBerry PlayBook: returning to life from been drained out

Yesterday, one colleague asked me for help for a BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet, the device was dead: nothing displayed after power on, it did not charge at all, not even a LED light. So, this was a challenge for me because I am full android and I never had a BlackBerry device: neither a phone nor a tablet, in fact, this products always looked me so weird for me, I think I have some books related to develop mobile apps for it and thank God I never read them because right now those devices are just a remember from the past.

Anyway, I'm writing this post because:
1. I thought the tablet was dead (at this time it is charging and fully working).
2. The reset methods are so different.
3. I was curious about it

So, the successful steps for return to life the Playbook are:
1. Breath deeply (you will need that air later)
2. Connect the charger to the AC
3. then Connect it to the Playbook
4. After 2 seconds you will see a red light LED and then I yellow light flashing for 5 seconds
5. Unplug the charger from the Playbook
6. Wait 2 or 3 seconds
7. Repeat the steps from 3 to 6 around 30 to 50 times

Explanation:
the Playbook's battery is drained out, the charging process is controlled by the OS (what a stupid decision from RIM!!!) so you need to pump it some volts (like The Reebok's The Pump shoes, do you remember?) in order to gain some energy and trigger the charging process, ja ja ja, what a silly thing don't you thing. Anyway, use your extra air (from step 1) and wait around 45 minutes, be constant and don't give up - as I did the first time ;-)

After 30 minutes you will see that the red light delay more time to become yellow flashing, that's a signal that you are pumping energy to your playbook as we expect.

Be sure to do the process around 30 to 50 times, when you finished do this:
1. connect the playbook to the charger
2. push the power on button
3. wait like 20 seconds
4. you will see the icon of charging in your Screen
5. be more patience than one hour ago, you are so close!
6. don't do anything more
7. around 20 minutes later you will see the blackberry's welcome page
8. around 10 minutes later you will see your desktops icon
9. cool!!! you made it
10. as an advice charge totally your playbook, don't use the USB cable for charging it
11. meanwhile select your files and folder for backing them up

That's all, at this time the playbook is charging - at 25% - and I hope it works, in case something failed I will let you know, but at least with those steps you can recover your files.

what a weird device: android - and I guess Apple devices- have a better way to safe your files and try hard reset methods, I think the battery of this playbook is near to end its life, who knows, in case you still use device like this, it may help you.

Cheers!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario