viernes, 15 de noviembre de 2013

switching between ChromeOS and Chrubuntu

almost one year ago I bought a Samsung ARM Chromebook, honestly I have to say this is a great product and since I have more time available to continue with several personal projects related to IT I found that at this time I continue learning about this architecture. Anyway, today I want to share a "hard method" to switch between chrubuntu and Chrome Os, here it is:

step 0: You need to install chrubuntu on your ARM Chomebook. After that you need to install cgpt as well.

step 1: From Chrubuntu, open a terminal, edit your .bashrc file and add this line:
alias chromeos='sudo  cgpt add -i 6 -P 0 -S 1 /dev/mmcblk0; sudo reboot'

save it and try it using from terminal:
chromeOs

type your password and your chromebook should start to reboot, few seconds later you should see the chromeOs welcome screen.

step 2: before login, press this keys: Ctrl+Alt+Forward (the key instead F2), you will be on a terminal, just type: chronos, after that edit your .bashrc using vim and add this line:
alias chrubuntu='sudo cgpt add -i 6 -P 5 -S 1 /dev/mmcblk0; sudo reboot'

then type exit, login again using chronos and try this typing:
chrubuntu

and that's it, I think this way it's little tricky, despite that, maybe in a near we may have a grub hybrid, the guys from google released the chromium code so there is no excuses to work improving gaps like that

anyway, let me know if you have any doubts

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario